If you’re looking for a delicious Sunday recipe, try these baked chicken tacos. They’re the perfect dish to serve and make for a party. They are tastier than buying a crunchy taco shell and healthier than frying a taco in grease.
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- soft corn tortillas
- olive oil spray
- cheddar cheese
- Greek yogurt (as a sour cream substitute)
- Place boneless chicken breasts in a crockpot and cover with your favorite salsa.
- Turn crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 6.
- The chicken is done when it shreds easily.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Take taco shells and spray each side with olive oil
- Hang taco shells over oven rack for 7-10 minutes until they form a shell
- Place tacos next to one another in a baking dish and fill with the shredded chicken and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes and add your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, greek yogurt or avocado.