I’ve been wanting to share this routine for awhile. I know mornings can sometimes feel rushed or groggy after a late night. I’ve been on this routine for the last few months and really feel that it helps me start my day and my digestive system on the right foot, no matter what happened or what I ate the night before…
- 1 full glass of water as soon as I wake up. I always fall asleep with a water bottle next to my bed in case I get thirsty in the middle of the night. Whatever I haven’t finished, I finish immediately in the morning when I wake up.
- 1 cup of black coffee while I get ready. I genuinely enjoy a hot cup of coffee in the morning. There’s something about the smell, taste and oh yea the caffeine that really helps wake me up and focus me. I’m not addicted and typically only drink one cup per day, but I do love to drink coffee! I used to add sugars and creamers, but I prefer to get my sugar naturally from fruit in the morning or sometimes will use half a packet of Stevia.
- 8 to 16 ounces of green juice or smoothie. This is quick and on-the-go. I buy my green juice at my local farmers market on Sundays. It costs $8 for a quart and lasts me three days. If I have enough time in the morning, I’ll opt for a smoothie instead. To see my ‘Go-to-Smoothie’ recipe, click here.
- Tea all day, every day. I have a tea tumbler that I carry around that diffuses loose leaf tea and stays hot for up to 8 hours! I fill my tumbler in the morning with my favorite herbal detox tea from World Flavorz Spice & Tea Co that I get from the farmers market. Once I’ve finished the detox tea, I put green tea into the tumbler and continue to drink it throughout the day. *Benefits of Green Tea (via Pinterest)
- After all of this, comes food of course but this easy-to-follow system gets my day and stomach started on the right track! Leave me a comment and let me know your morning routine and where you might need areas of help.