During the week, it’s very seldom I have time to make a big sit-down breakfast. Aside from that, my stomach usually can’t handle a big meal in the morning without weighing me down for the rest of the day. I like to start my day with a nutritious meal because it’s important to have fuel for energy and to kick start my metabolism. Below is my typical on-the-go healthy breakfast:
Directions: In a blender mix…
- 1 cup of blended frozen berries
- Berries are the lowest in sugar out of all the fruits which is why they’re my favorite to use.
- 2/3 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
- My favorite brand is FAGE Total 0% which I buy from Trader Joes.
- 1 scoop of Green Superfood
- There are several different flavors available at Whole Foods or on Amazon, but I use the ‘original’ flavor. If you’re sensitive to green “tastes,” I suggest using a flavored one. You can also substitute the Green Superfood for fresh vegetables like kale or spinach.
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seeds
- 6 ounces of water or the amount needed for desired consistency.
Enjoy! Leave me a comment and let me know your favorite smoothie recipes. I would love to give them a try. #STAYCLASSY
I will definitely be trying out your recipe, but here is my go-to.
Natural Beauty Green Smoothie Recipe: 2 kale leaves, handful of spinach, banana, pear, 2 spoonfuls of chia seeds, 2 spoonfuls of flax oil, 2 cups of almond milk and ice! (throw in 2 spoonfuls of wheat germ as an added boost)
*I found it on the blog HeyFranHey, and fell in love.
LikeLiked by 1 person
WOW! That sounds AMAZING! Can’t wait to try!! Thanks for the recommendations. Love sharing recipes
Pingback: Stay Awake with My Morning Routine | Stay Classy Anastacia