During the week, it’s very seldom I have time to make a big sit-down breakfast. Aside from that, my stomach usually can’t handle a big meal in the morning without weighing me down for the rest of the day. I like to start my day with a nutritious meal because it’s important to have fuel for energy and to kick start my metabolism. Below is my typical on-the-go healthy breakfast:
Directions: In a blender mix…
- 1 cup of blended frozen berries
- Berries are the lowest in sugar out of all the fruits which is why they’re my favorite to use.
- 2/3 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
- My favorite brand is FAGE Total 0% which I buy from Trader Joes.
- 1 scoop of Green Superfood
- There are several different flavors available at Whole Foods or on Amazon, but I use the ‘original’ flavor. If you’re sensitive to green “tastes,” I suggest using a flavored one. You can also substitute the Green Superfood for fresh vegetables like kale or spinach.
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seeds
- 6 ounces of water or the amount needed for desired consistency.