This year it’s my goal to find more recipes using green vegetables. I absolutely love roasted vegetables especially brussels sprouts. I came across Kale Sprouts while shopping at Trader Joes and decided to give them a try in the oven. They came out amazing! Here was my recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toss Kale Sprouts in 2 table spoons olive oil with salt and pepper. *I used to decorate my roasted vegetables with a lot of different seasonings (garlic powder, onion, lemon pepper, cayenne), but I’ve learned too much seasoning can drown out the roasted flavor that I like so much. Now I keep it simple.
- Once tossed and coated, place in a single layer on a baking pan.
- Bake for in the oven for 10 minutes or until the edges of the sprouts become crispy.
- Toss broccoli florets or cut broccoli in two tablespoons of olive oil with salt and pepper and place in a single layer on a baking pan.
- Place in the oven at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Turn half way through cooking so the pieces roast evenly on both sides.
Once both vegetables are roasted, toss them together in one pan and add in fresh slices of avocado. The mixture of flavors is so tasty! The avocado balances out the taste of the roasted vegetables. Enjoy! #STAYCLASSY