My husband is a Southern California native and has never been to Lake Tahoe before, so this past weekend we embarked on a Northern California/Nevada adventure with my parents. Non of us ski or snowboard which is basically the reason why anyone would go there, but we had a relaxing weekend even without the snow activities.
The drive from the Central Valley to Lake Tahoe was the most beautiful part! We loved stopping in the quaint town of Placerville (a good bathroom break stop) and at the Bonita Apple Farm on the way back!
If you’re a non-snow activity person like us, here are some of the GREAT things that Lake Tahoe has to offer that still make it checking out!
- Heavenly Village – bars/restaurants and shopping…
- Scenic drive around Emerald Lake – there are MANY look out points along the way.
- Dinner by the fire pit at Azul Latin Kitchen
- Heavenly Cinemas – one of the smallest theaters I’ve ever been in, but very cozy!
- Drinks @ The Loft – the chicest bar/lounge in South Lake Tahoe
- Late night dinner @ The Lucky Beaver – the burgers are THE best and it’s LIT!
- Watch the sunset at Lakeside Beach
- Sip & Paint class (Sundays they have a special on pricing!)